foreach syntax, std.mixin

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 08:44:16 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 16:48, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > *test it*
> > Hmm, I can get enumerate to work, but the Unpack part doesn't compile. It
> > complains elem.at!(0) is not an lvalue.
>
> Argh.  That's because I was hacking around with Zip in my copy of Phobos
> right
> before I wrote this lib and forgot to change some stuff back to stock when
> testing.

How do you deal with successive version of DMD? Do you have parallel
installations? I know I hacked around Zip, Chain and such a few times,
forgot about it, only to have it crushed by my next download :-(

>  If you uncomment a /*ref*/ in there somewhere, which was leftover from a
> compiler bug a long time ago, it seems to work.  The real problem is that
> that bit
> of cruft hasn't been removed from Phobos yet.

OK, thanks.
I get the impression that ref is viral... Either you have it everywhere or
it'll block some compositions (chain(map() ...) . I'm wrong?

Thanks again for your code, I'll test it and tell you how it went.

  Philippe