CPAN for D

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:55:59 PST 2009

Lutger wrote:

> I agree very much, DSSS has so much potential it's not funny. If I wouldn't
> be too stuffed with work as is, I might attempt to fix it myself. Hopefully
> somebody steps in.

I've hacked on it a bit, but nothing major and never finished the job.
I think I was seeking to add support for multiple compiler/library
versions/setups without the need to have multiple DSSS installations and
file trees.

I agree about the great potential as well.  I'd actually like to see it
borrow a bunch of good ideas from Gentoo's portage, since portage has
been a very solid package manager for me.  Of course, there is some
stuff portage does though that is out of DSSS's scope, and some stuff
that DSSS does that is out of portage's scope .

In particular, concepts like use flags and different levels of release
stability would be nice things to have.