CPAN for D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Nov 11 21:29:25 PST 2009

"Leandro Lucarella" <llucax at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:20091111221420.GA28195 at llucax.com.ar...
> Knud Soerensen, el 11 de noviembre a las 11:55 me escribiste:
>> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>> >Knud Soerensen, el 11 de noviembre a las 04:57 me escribiste:

>> >You are not much of a security guy, are you? ;)
>> >

>> No, I mostly chose freedom over security ;-)
>>
>> How does CPAN solve the security problem ?
>>
>> I doesn't suggest that any url can be used in import,
>> I suggest that it look on a specific trused server
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/modules/ or something similar.
>
> Change the /etc/hosts and bang! Even more, digital mars website can be
> cracked. If you add SSL authentication to the mix, maybe we can start
> talking about something.
>
> But I will be very odd to make import download *anything*.

It's an interesting idea, but, if one of my imports fails, 99.9+% of the
time it's because I either typed the wrong thing or didn't give DMD the
(correct) location. It's rarely, if ever, because I didn't download it. Plus
then there's the question of versions. It's interesting, but doesn't seem
all that useful, even with security issues aside.