Named return type > Out parameters

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Nov 13 04:11:16 PST 2009

Nick Sabalausky:

>(Or if it even does function overloading at all, for that matter?)<

Recently I have shown here the style guide of the C++ code used by Google. There are many forbidden (or nearly forbidden) things, like function overloading. So a ""system language"" designed by Google probably will not have function overloading...

Regarding the topic of this thread: I find named return arguments a little confusing, maybe I just need to get used to them. But I like the idea of multiple return arguments and a handy syntax to unpack such return values at the calling site. (I use this all the time in Python and sometimes in D1 too using auxiliary structs similar to the Tuple of Phobos2).

Bye,
bearophile