Serialization + semantics of toString

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 06:26:56 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM, aarti_pl <aarti_no_spam_ at interia.pl> wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
>
> Additionally I would like to mention that there is also great BinaryArchive from Bill Baxter, which I didn't mention in my first post.

There is?  Completely forgot about that.

If I recall the big wish list item I had for your serializer was
robust subclass handling for things like serializing a BaseClass[]
with a mix of pointers to BaseClass and DerivedClass.  You need to be
able to de-serialize that by saying something like
unserialize!(BaseClass[]).  I think at the time I tried it, your
serializer didn't save enough info to know the proper derived class to
load up.

--bb