D library projects : adopting Boost license

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 08:10:44 PST 2009

== Quote from Yigal Chripun (yigal100 at gmail.com)'s article
> Generally speaking, is static linking of the stdlib the right thing?
> I realize that's the only working option now, but when this is fixed
> (and it really should be fixed) would that still be the correct choice
> for the stdlib?

Yes, it is.  First of all, much of the std. lib is templates.  Here you don't have
much of a choice.  Second, IMHO dynamic linking is generally more trouble than
it's worth.  Static linking may be inefficient in that you keep 1 copy of each lib
per process in memory, but it "just works".  No conflicts, dependencies, etc.  To
me this is a worthwhile tradeoff.