std.metastrings

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 12:17:21 PST 2009

Std.metastrings could use some work.

So I'm thinking to take it upon myself to make it more useful.

After asking some questions here about it previously, I got a bunch of
comments like "oh yeh I have that in my CoolTools.ctfe module".  Well,
that's kinda silly that everyone is re-inventing such things.

I'm just mentioning this here in case someone wants to stop me,  or
offer their versions of CoolTools.ctfe, or argue that it should be
std.ctfe rather than std.metastrings, or whatever.

My plan is to try to do things with an API that reflects std.string as
closely as possible, and then as CTFE gets better, just replace those
functions with aliases to the ones in std.string.  So eventually
std.metastrings should contain little more than a bunch of aliases.
But in the mean time there'll be a one-stop shop for basic
compile-time string manipulation functions.

--bb