How about Go's... error on unused imports?

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 14:50:34 PST 2009

Clay Smith, el 13 de noviembre a las 13:20 me escribiste:
> >How about that one from Go?  Including all deps in an obj.  Could D
> >use the same trick to speed up compilation further?
>
> I'm not really understanding what you are saying, but I see no need
> for the compiler to error on unused import. If anything, the
> compiler can just ignore it, or have a flag to find unused imports.
> I would like my all.d files to not give errors :o

It's good to avoid unnecessary dependencies, which can be very bad for
compilation time of big projects (something that D, like Google's Go,
intent to fix).

You can see the Google's Go video presentation in YouTuve for the reasons
why unnecessary dependencies are bad for fast compilation.