How about Go's... error on unused imports?

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 00:32:17 PST 2009

On 14/11/2009 00:28, bearophile wrote:
> Nick Sabalausky:
>> I used to think so, but I'm not so sure anymore.
>
> It's the same for me. I can live without the *, as I can live without D typedef.
> There are other changes/fixed that I want for the module system still.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

once upon a time there was a suggestion to have a special file that
would define the public API of a package.

e.g.

myPackage
    a.d
    b.d
    this.d // special file that defines the public imports
    private.d // should not be imported by a "*" import

then, the user can import myPackage.* and that would search for this.d
in the directory and use its contents instead of importing all d files
in the directory.