Go: A new system programing language

Daniel de Kok me at nowhere.nospam
Sat Nov 14 01:24:14 PST 2009

On 2009-11-12 22:50:20 +0100, HOSOKAWA Kenchi <hskwk at inter7.jp> said:
> These features give great power for numeric uses.
> Probably Go's developers would have never imagined to do numerical
> operations with their language.
> Only middlewares are in their sights.

I am a bit surprised that they'd still prefer Java Complex-like
ugliness rather than supporting operator overloading or an infix
function or method notation. Go is clearly coming from a C/Java
background, making it refreshingly uncomplex, but life's hard for
number crunching or building performant containers.

But hey, there is a compiler for 64-bit binaries :). Of course, I
should swallow that, and help with the LDC efforts...

Take care,
Daniel