Go shootout

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 11:59:09 PST 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 04:58:40 -0500, Justin Johansson wrote:

> Daniel de Kok Wrote:
>
>> I thought this may be interesting... DMD will easily outperform the
>> current standard Go compiler:
>>
>> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64/benchmark.php?
test=all&lang=go&lang2=gpp&box=1

>> Of
>>
>> course, there's also the C backend, but apparently it's not as complete
>> as 6g/8g yet.
>
> Believe you me.  Go are watching us as much as we are watching Go.

You'd think they'd have to be for how afraid they are to admit D's
existence. I mean could you imagine the speech:

"We really like where D was going but no one was using it. So we decided
to create are own by putting a mirror next to our D code and adding a
little more verbosity while removing key features we plan to add in the
future."