How about Go's... error on unused imports?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Nov 14 14:59:45 PST 2009

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Walter Bright, el 14 de noviembre a las 10:36 me escribiste:
>> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>>> Does this makes more sense?
>> Yes.
>
> It would be pushing to much to ask if you're willing to give it a serious
> thought then? =)

I understand it (I think), but I'm not as keen on it as you are <g>.

Consider that D has function hijacking protection (I think this is
unique to D) so that inadvertent overloading by the same names in
different imports is virtually eliminated. So I think the marginal
benefit of the proposed changes is small.