D library projects

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sat Nov 14 16:58:28 PST 2009

On 2009-11-14 16:14:02 -0500, BLS <windevguy at hotmail.de> said:

> On 14/11/2009 21:09, dsimcha wrote:
>> I think what we really need is to define what paradigm we're using for
>> collections.  Here are some questions that really need to be answered before we
>> can start implementing a std.collections:
>>

> I think we should split collections into :
> std.collections.mutable
> std.collections.immutable

Can't work: immutable is a keyword. :-)

And I think having immutable as a type modifier in the language makes
it pointless an inelegant to categorize collections into mutable and
immutable kinds. You could have fixed-size, or fixed-content
collections types though (enabling some optimizations), but don't call
these immutable (or mutable) if you want to avoid confusion with the
keyword.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com