D: at Borders soon?

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 23:10:20 PST 2009

AJ wrote:
> Is D about to go commercial?

D is not intended as a scam for someones profit but a good language and
if somebody profits as a side effect then so be it.

> I mean, in the form of a book or a series of
> books? Is the seeming disarray of the language, the ng, the "community", the
> inventor because the goal is to capitalize on book sales? I'm a prick, of
> course, but I would like to know.

Andrei (a lot of work on phobos) is working on a book titled "The D
programming language". He will make money but the D community will
benefit a lot more in non financial ways from the release of this book.

> I was being facetious above. (But if the shoe fits, wear it!). Walter, how
> much money do you have? Nevermind that. Are you rich though?

Walter has other forms of income which you will need to consider before
you estimate his profit from D. Infact I doubt he has made much at all
from D other than the lectures.

> I am poor.
> Someone said D bought you a Ferrari. How many of those does one person need?
> If this book sells, are you going to give to each and every poster in this
> ng a fair portion?

GTFO.

(Don't worry your pretty little head Walter about such
> stuff ;) If I had (just) a compiler, I'd ... die an old man with a compiler.

I doubt you've hit puberty.

> All the above questions are rhetorical. (Read, I'm not really a prick, I
> just play one on the internet!).
>
> My first Big D post!

I've seen you post quite a few posts lately here. Please spend some more
time looking up the answers before you rush to this NG from now on.