D: at Borders soon?

Mike Farnsworth mike.farnsworth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:53:10 PST 2009

AJ Wrote:

> I don't believe you.
>
> > Don wrote:
> > AJ wrote:
> >> Is D about to go commercial? I mean, in the form of a book or a
> >> series of books? Is the seeming disarray of the language, the ng,
> >> the "community", the inventor because the goal is to capitalize on
> >> book sales? I'm a prick, of course, but I would like to know.
> >>
> >> I was being facetious above. (But if the shoe fits, wear it!).
> >> Walter, how much money do you have? Nevermind that. Are you rich
> >> though? I am poor. Someone said D bought you a Ferrari.
> >
> > That's completely false. Nobody is making any money from D.

AJ, I have no intention of offending you or anyone else, but something needs to be made clear.  A more productive thing for you to do is contribute to some aspect of D or its available libraries and make it succeed such that you can make money off of it yourself via resume enhancement and adding to your portfolio.  Demanding a handout is, let's just say, not very effective.  I saw a few of your other posts, and I would posit that you are an intelligent person who can make a positive impact by writing some code or otherwise helping out.

It doesn't matter in the slightest whether you believe Don or not.  Walking on to some NG and essentially calling people liars tends to just reflect poorly on you, but you already knew that.

I want to assist where I can whether or not Walter, Andrei, Don, or anyone else is or isn't making money off of D.  I am free to use it, so what they do with it is none of my concern.  I don't want anyone to "share" any money with me, because I can work and earn my own keep.  Making money off of your own hard work and (gasp!) keeping it for some time period is the opposite of a sin.  That's called a 'job.'  And Walter is doing a great job, as far as I've seen.

-Mike