XMLP

Sam Hu samhu.samhu at nospam.com
Mon Nov 16 20:06:21 PST 2009

Jesse Phillips Wrote:

> This really sounds like a DMD installation issue than XMLP. Create a
> hello world program in an arbitrary location and try this command.
>
> F:\laguangeD\DLang\DTwo\dmd\windows\bin\dmd hello.d

F:\DLang\DEx\D2Ex\anoy.d:

module anoy;

import std.stdio;

void pause()
{
	writeln("Press any key to continue...");
	readln;
}
int main(string[] args)
{
	int a=12;
	string str="hello";

	int b=24;

	int c={return a+b;}();
	writefln("The result is %d",c);

	pause;
	return 0;
}

F:\DLang\DEx\D2Ex>F:\DLang\DTwo\dmd\windows\bin\dmd anoy.d

F:\DLang\DEx\D2Ex>dmd
Digital Mars D Compiler v2.036
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright
Documentation: http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/index.html
Usage:
  dmd files.d ... { -switch }

  files.d        D source files
  @cmdfile       read arguments from cmdfile
  -c             do not link
  -cov           do code coverage analysis
  -D             generate documentation
  -Dddocdir      write documentation file to docdir directory
  -Dffilename    write documentation file to filename
  -d             allow deprecated features
  -debug         compile in debug code
  -debug=level   compile in debug code <= level
  -debug=ident   compile in debug code identified by ident
  -debuglib=name    set symbolic debug library to name
  -defaultlib=name  set default library to name
  -deps=filename write module dependencies to filename
  -g             add symbolic debug info
  -gc            add symbolic debug info, pretend to be C
  -H             generate 'header' file
  -Hddirectory   write 'header' file to directory
  -Hffilename    write 'header' file to filename
  --help         print help
  -Ipath         where to look for imports
  -ignore        ignore unsupported pragmas
  -inline        do function inlining
  -Jpath         where to look for string imports
  -Llinkerflag   pass linkerflag to link
  -lib           generate library rather than object files
  -man           open web browser on manual page
  -nofloat       do not emit reference to floating point
  -O             optimize
  -o-            do not write object file
  -odobjdir      write object & library files to directory objdir
  -offilename    name output file to filename
  -op            do not strip paths from source file
  -profile       profile runtime performance of generated code
  -quiet         suppress unnecessary messages
  -release       compile release version
  -run srcfile args...   run resulting program, passing args
  -safe          safe memory model
  -unittest      compile in unit tests
  -v             verbose
  -version=level compile in version code >= level
  -version=ident compile in version code identified by ident
  -vtls          list all variables going into thread local storage
  -w             enable warnings
  -X             generate JSON file
  -Xffilename    write JSON file to filename

F:\DLang\DEx\D2Ex>F:\laguangeD\dlang\dtwo\dmd\windows\bin\dmd anoy.d
object.d: Error: module object cannot read file 'object.d'

F:\DLang\DEx\D2Ex>

What does this mean?I can compile all my d2 programs just use:
dmd *.d under any path:

Regards,
Sam