Should the comma operator be removed in D2?

yigal chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:44:30 PST 2009

Robert Jacques Wrote:
> However, I imagine tuple(a++,b++) would have some overhead, which is
> exactly what someone is trying to avoid by using custom for loops.
>
> Personally, I like using a..b => tuple(a,b), since it also solves the
> multi-dimensional slicing and mixed indexing and slicing problems.

what overhead? It's all in your imagination :)
a..b is confusing and bad UI. a..b means for humans the range of a till b and not the tuple of the two.
if I see something like "hello"..42 I would assume the person who wrote this was high on something.

multi dimentinal slicing should accept an integer range type and NOT a tuple.