version() abuse! Note of library writers.

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Nov 18 05:46:37 PST 2009

"Travis Boucher" <boucher.travis at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hdvoke$1qs3$1 at digitalmars.com...
> [posix/unix/linux/bsd version info and tips]

As a mainly-windows person who just knows enough *nix to get by and to
maintain ports of their own software, this is great stuff to know! Some of
it I was already aware of, but there was a lot I didn't. So much of that is
the kind of information that can be very difficult for a *nix non-expert (to
say nothing of novices) to find, or even think to look for. Consider your
post much appreciated :)

Looking forward to a wiki4d version. And I'll be making sure to check
through my d tools/libs for any such misuses. Next time I do linux builds of
my Goldie and SemiTwistDTools projects (I normally do most of my dev on Win,
so the linux bnaries get old, and I may occasionally break linux without
knowing), I just may take you up on that offer to do a FreeBSD check on it.