Conspiracy Theory #1

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Thu Nov 19 13:52:52 PST 2009

Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:31:36 -0500, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 09:10:57PM +0000, retard wrote:
>> I expect most
>> of the every day apps to move to the cloud during the next 10 years.
>> Unfortunately c++ and d missed the train here.
>
> D can do this. My D Windowing System project, while not originally
> conceived for it, is already fairly capable of making "cloud"
> applications, and when it is finished, it will knock the socks off Web
> 2.0 - possibly, while being somewhat compatible with it.
>
> This idea behind it isn't specific to D, of course, but D is so vastly
> superior to every other language ever made in almost every possible way
> that I don't understand why you would ever /want/ to use another
> language.

LOL. What if I want platform independent client side code (very useful in
web 2.0 context), sandboxing, dynamic code loading, dynamic typing,
functional programming, proof checker support, a stable language
compiler / runtime, elegant looking code instead of some ctfe crap that
badly emulates real ast macros? Unfortunately D isn't the best language
out there for this particular domain IMHO.