Short list with things to finish for D2

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 15:46:57 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu

> I am thinking that representing operators by their exact token
> representation is a principled approach because it allows for unambiguous
> mapping,

There used to be an argument floating around that using 'opAdd" was
better than "op+" because the former encourages people to only
overload the method to do things that resemble addition.  Whereas op+
says I'm just a symbol, do whatever you want with me.

I never really bought into it... but it was what I was told years ago
when I complained that opSub opMul etc were harder to remember than
need be. :-)
I guess D will have to change it's story now.

--bb