Short list with things to finish for D2

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:42:34 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 04:00:25PM -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
> I know it's tempting, but it only leads to madness.

Besides, I think this is something that a lot of people might ask for,
but then once they got it, they wouldn't actually use it.

Imagine getting a library that uses a really cool character as an operator...
just to find that you can't type that character on your keyboard anyway. Or
maybe you can, but it is a big pain, so it isn't worth the effort.

Or getting that cool character in source that you edit in a primitive editor
or font that can't display it, so you just see gibberish.

In theory, those aren't problems. But in practice, I think that would make
the feature very rarely used. There just aren't that many easy to
type / ubiquitous to display symbols that have meaning not already
defined in the language.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net