removal of cruft from D

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:05:31 PST 2009

Based on recent discussions on the NG a few features were
deprecated/removed from D, such as typedef and C style struct initializers.

IMO this cleanup and polish is important and all successful languages do
such cleanup for major releases (Python and Ruby come to mind). I'm glad
to see that D follows in those footsteps instead of accumulating craft
like C++ does.

As part of this trend of cleaning up D before the release of D2, what
other features/craft should be removed/deprecated?

I suggest reverse_foreach and c style function pointers

please add your candidates for removal.