RPC and Dynamic function call

Rory McGuire rjmcguire at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 01:42:35 PST 2009

"Denis Koroskin" <2korden at gmail.com> wrote:

cut

Why did you use asm etc...?

I made a de/serializer that just uses templates and static ifs.

it doesn't do serialization of delegates etc... but I don't know that
moving executable code across would be safe (I think java can do it,
but then it has a vm).

mine does:
int, long, double, string, object, struct.

I can post the code if you want. So far I have only used it to present
the methods of an object as a kind of server, with a client being able
to connect to it.

Was inspired by hessiand on dsource.org.

Can post code if you would like to see. I posted the automatic object
wrapping code a couple of days ago as a simple example of template
usage Thread: "Metaprogramming in D: Some real world examples".

-Rory