removal of cruft from D

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:23:41 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Don <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

> Some specifics -- it'd be nice to have a Windows version specified as an
> integer. It'd be nice to have a DirectX version number. Can't do it.
>
> version(int) is like a programming language with one variable. It's
> ridiculous.

One variable, and one operator, >=.

To be fair, it was clearly intended to refer to the version of the
final user's app, not a library version or platform version or
anything else.

But to assume that only apps have versions, and that >= is the only
test you'd ever want to perform is, I agree, pretty silly.

--bb