removal of cruft from D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Nov 23 11:40:29 PST 2009

Don:

> I meant future D flexibility.

I am not talking about version(n) here, I am talking about a standard way to give a constant number to the compiler that can be used as a constant inside the code. This feature doesn't reduce future D flexibility.

> I'm not a computer scientist.

You seem one of the best programmers I've seen in tens of years, I'd like to be 1/3 as good as you :-)

> Yes, but it has MORE THAN ONE.
> Some specifics -- it'd be nice to have a Windows version specified as an
> integer. It'd be nice to have a DirectX version number. Can't do it.
> version(int) is like a programming language with one variable. It's
> ridiculous.

I agree. I think we have misunderstood, I was not talking about version(int), I am sorry for confusing the matter.

Bye,
bearophile