Short list with things to finish for D2

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 19:28:39 PST 2009

Denis Koroskin wrote:
<snip>
> Lower bound is always 0 in D, unlike VB where is can take an arbitrary
> value. As such, there is no need for opLowerBound in D.

Only for built-in linear arrays.  Half the point is: What if somebody
creates a type for which the lower bound is something different?

Thinking about it, maybe we need some symbol like ^ to denote the lower
bound, and opLowerBound to implement it.  (I've picked ^ along the lines
of regexps, from which $ is presumably derived.  I *think* this doesn't
lead to any ambiguity....)

Stewart.