Phobos packages a bit confusing

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 20:55:29 PST 2009

== Quote from retard (re at tard.com.invalid)'s article
> Hi
> after using D1 and Tango for couple of years we decided to experiment
> with D2 and Phobos in a small scale project. For some reason the mostly
> flat package hierarchy seemed rather confusing.
> For instance, it took two of us 15 minutes to build a program that reads
> a line from user, converts the string to a natural number, adds one, and
> finally prints it to the screen.

While I agree that the docs for Phobos should be improved after the language
stabilizes, I honestly don't think 15 minutes is too bad if you're completely
unfamiliar with the API.  Using Java's file I/O API, for example, practically
requires a Ph.D. in object-oriented design.  It's just a fact of life that every
API has its quirks that take time to learn, and anything that's not what you're
used to is going to seem quirky at first.