Microsoft's top developers prefer old-school coding methods

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Mon Nov 30 02:30:50 PST 2009

FYI D people.

Snippet:

Other programming gurus, such as Herb Sutter, lead designer of
Microsoft's C++/CLI programming language, predict that writing code to
run on bare metal may come back into fashion, as chip makers find
themselves unable to keep boosting processor speeds at current rates.

"I think we have maybe five to 10 years left [with Moore's Law]," he
said. "Optimizations will get very, very sexy again, when people realize
how we pay for abstractions."

Full article:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9141465/Microsoft_s_top_developers_prefer_old_school_coding_methods

Enjoy