Defining some stuff for each class in turn

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:04:54 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu, el  1 de octubre a las 11:25 me escribiste:
> What do you think?

I think this is close to Python metaclasses[1], but much more specific.
It's amazing how many cool things one can do with Python metaclasses
(there are several articles discussing them[2]) and decorators.  I would
love to see something similar in D but operating at compile-time.  I think
it would be nice to point to a more general solution (like AST macros)
than implementing all sort of small and specific tricks for each problem
instead.

[1] http://docs.python.org/reference/datamodel.html#customizing-class-creation
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaclass
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-pymeta.html