What does Coverity/clang static analysis actually do?

grauzone none at example.net
Thu Oct 1 14:42:43 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Anyhow, I think this issue was beaten to death in the previous thread on
> null dereference. I don't wish to divert this thread into rediscussing

I don't want to make this "discussion" even more complicated, but some
people (such as me) like the existing default initialization behavior,
and find the C# behavior annoying.  It doesn't really have to do with
the null pointer problem either.

I especially like that it's consistent with the initialization of member
variables in structs/classes.