Multiple subtyping with alias this and nested classes

language_fan somewhere at internet.com.invalid
Sat Oct 3 11:07:44 PDT 2009

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:52:51 -0300, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

>> Scala supports that with mixins, D supports that with multiple
>> subtyping.
>
> I don't know what you mean about multiple subtyping.

I have also not seen the specs for this feature. How does multiple
subtyping work exactly in D? Does it have exactly the same semantics as
using interfaces + mixing in the traits? Why was the 'alias foo this'
chosen if you are also planning to add support for Scala like traits
(some other thread here recently discussed this). Andrei, you probably
know how Scala chooses the overrides and overloads when traits have
conflicts. How does D handle this?