I wrote some D today and it's completely blowing my mind. Ever tried

language_fan somewhere at internet.com.invalid
Sat Oct 3 12:18:07 PDT 2009

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 04:35:39 -0400, bearophile wrote:

> Walter Bright:
>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/9qf8i/
i_wrote_some_d_today_and_its_completely_blowing/

> Very nice. Indeed if you come from experience of C, D allows you to
> write programs in a much faster way. (But C isn't the only language
> around today, you also have dotnet C#, for example).

It is funny to note that every time these new fans of D come from the C /
C++ / Java community. It is well known that those languages have long
been in a stagnant stage and if the developers just had courage to try
modern languages, *any* language would have a fresh feel. It is really no
wonder that those languages are starting to feel irritating in daily
work. I have never heard of a Eiffel / Ada / Erlang / Lisp / Clojure /
Scala / Haskell / SML / OCaml / Nemerle /<insert your favorite statically
typed compiled language here> zealot who suddenly found the enlightenment
in D.