Eliminate class allocators and deallocators?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Oct 8 07:54:44 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> To be even marginally effective in a language, you must have some
> understanding of it all. That definitely isn't the case for libraries.

I disagree because assuming a point of view, that is high (or low) enough,
all programming languages only have a very small indispensable core.

This is because turing-completenes suffices to show the effectiveness of a
programming language. Only the elements of the language needed for that
proof build the indispensable core of the language. Every other elements
can at least be classified into
- helpers for humans to write and read, or
- hints for the target machines on how to perform efficiently, or
- (syntactic) sugar for (informal) proofs of correctness
and therefore can be put into libraries.

-manfred