Phobos.testing

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sat Oct 10 16:33:20 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-10 19:01:35 -0400, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> said:

> Overall, the point is that there should be a well-defined process for getting
> code into Phobos and a well-defined place to post this code and comment on it.
>  Bugzilla probably doesn't cut it because it's not easy to download, compile
> and test lots of different snippets of code from here.

There should indeed be a process for proposing new modules or major
features. I don't care much what it is, but it should make code
available for review from all the interested parties, and allow public
discussion about this code. Whether this discussion should happen on
this newsgroup or elsewhere, I'm not sure however.

And it'd be nice if it could auto-generate documentation from the
proposed modules: glancing at the documentation often gives you a
different perspective on the API, and it'd encourage people to write
good documentation.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com