dmd support for IDEs

Max Samukha spambox at d-coding.com
Sun Oct 11 09:54:11 PDT 2009

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:49:52 +0200, BLS <windevguy at hotmail.de> wrote:

>On 11/10/2009 16:54, Lutger wrote:
>> BLS wrote:

>>> Our Options :
>>> 1) Force Decent.. (Java/SWT)
>>>
>>> 2) Use gtkD, create the IDE in D. (the only usable platform independent
>>>    GUI atm.)
>>>
>>> 3) Use QT and C++. Let's re-use and adapt QT Creator.
>>>
>>> Having QT as standard GUI toolkit for D means that we can also reuse the
>>> QT Designer.
>>>
>>> Bjoern
>>
>> Why not QtD?
>
>See QtD at dsource ... "No Windows support... we have lost the race
>against the DMD tool chain)

Windows support is back now. Eldar has managed to find a workaround
for the codegen bug. But there are still a number of issues to resolve
before QtD will be usable for non-trivial applications.

> Further QtD has no OSX support (AFAIK)
>
>I still hope that Walter has an eye on the QtD situation..

Someone has succesfully built QtD on OSX but it doesn't work there
out-of-the-box (http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd/wiki/MacCaseStudy)