dmd support for IDEs

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:07:44 PDT 2009

Walter Bright, el 10 de octubre a las 18:19 me escribiste:
> In my discussions with companies about adopting D, the major barrier
> that comes up over and over isn't Tango vs Phobos, dmd being GPL,
> debugger support, libraries, bugs, etc., although those are
> important.
>
> It's the IDE.
>
> They say that the productivity gains of D's improvements are
> overbalanced by the loss of productivity by moving away from an IDE.
> And what is it about an IDE that is so productive? Intellisense
> (Microsoft's word for autocompletion).

I think you've got that answer because they are not using D alread. When
they start using D, they will start complaining about Phobos vs. Tango,
debugger support, librararies, bugs, etc. ;) (maybe not DMD being GPL
though, even when I think it's important).

--
Leandro Lucarella (AKA luca)                      http://llucax.com.ar/
Ah, se va en 1981? Pero por qué? ... Ah, porque ya había sido determinado,