dmd support for IDEs

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Oct 11 12:38:51 PDT 2009

Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Denis Koroskin wrote:
>>> In fact, that's what I do right now.
>>
>> I think that's great. But it requires a lot of work (as of course you
>> know).
>
> Good things require a lot of work. :)

Of course. But getting something done and available in a short amount of
time is also good!

For example, some people say to me "why should I use D, when C++0x
solves my issues with C++?"

And I point out "how many more years are you willing to wait for C++0x,
when D is here now?"

[Setting aside for the moment the issue of whether C++0x really is
better than D or not!]

The point is, good enough now gets us further down the road of getting a
user base large enough to justify the effort for a more comprehensive
solution.

For example, if I have many miles to commute to work, the best choice is
a car. But if I can't afford a car, or am too young to drive, a bike at
least gets me there. Before I was 16 and could drive, a bike was very
liberating for me, I rode it everywhere.