dmd support for IDEs

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Oct 11 14:01:03 PDT 2009

"language_fan" <foo at bar.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:hasd5u$1fgu$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Well since there is already a project working on an Eclipse plugin, I see
> little use for other IDEs at the moment. The D community is rather small
> and only a small amount of people are capable of developing and willing
> to donate their free time on free IDE development (commercial IDEs have
> small potential now that Netbeans/Eclipse/IntelliJ/KDevelop/Visual Studio
> dominate the market). So why not concentrate on fixing the spec and
> fixing compiler bugs instead of building a modest IDE support no one will
> use?

Any editor that is less responsive than notepad is useless to me, and I'm
far from alone on that. Thus, we don't go anywhere near Eclipse, VS.NET, or
anything along those lines (bunch of bloated garbage...and probably designed
to get developers to buy fancier hardware and thus end up develop apps that
require their users to buy fancier hardware).