dmd support for IDEs

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 16:25:53 PDT 2009

Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> But if you want to contribute, how about a JSON parser for phobos?
>> You'll need one anyway for your IDE.
>>
>> BTW, JSON parsing comes for free with javascript. Why not incorporate
>> dmdscript into your IDE as its extension language?
>
> The official JSON website has tons of bindings, here's the C one:
>
> http://fara.cs.uni-potsdam.de/~jsg/json_parser/
>
> I'm gonna try and get it converted to D over the weekend.

After some digging into the C sources, I decided I didn't like the way
they did it. I wanted the simplicity and elegance of JSON I use with
jQuery ($.toJSON and $.parseJSON). I looked again at the simple graphs
on json.org and decided it was simple enough to write a D parser from
scratch, here's what I have after a few hours of work, both methods
works, although I didn't thoroughly tested them yet.

http://pastebin.com/f25b67726

Let me know what you think and feel free to add it to phobos if you like
it :)

Jeremie