dmd support for IDEs

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Oct 11 21:22:25 PDT 2009

Jeremie Pelletier" <jeremiep at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hats2b$as0$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Lutger wrote:
>> Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>> As far as I know neither Qt(d) or gtkD uses native controls on platforms
>>> other than linux, which to me is unacceptable. The look especially on
>>> mac.
>>
>> Qt used to try and look like native controls, but now it uses them
>> directly.
>
> It has pros and cons, Firefox too has the native look and feel without
> using the native controls, so it saves on the overhead of tons of GDI
> handles and can render the entire GUI in cairo.

I use FF a lot and umm...no it doesn't. Not remotely. It's always stood out
as every bit of a blatant GTK app as GAIM, GIMP, or Thunderbird. As soon as
I can find a browser with equivilents too all my essential hacks (*cough*
extensions) and *real* controls (which rules out IE and Opera. And
Chrome/Safari... AH HA HA HA!), then I'm ditching this garbage.