dmd support for IDEs

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Mon Oct 12 11:09:37 PDT 2009

Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:54:53 -0400, Jeremie Pelletier thusly wrote:

> language_fan wrote:
> I get an entirely different file dialog on win7, and my gnome dialog on
> ubuntu looks nothing like the screenshot you linked.
>
> This is the win7 dialog:
> http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Dd758094.Libraries_CommonFileDialog%28en-
us,VS.85%29.png

This is pretty good in my book.

> This is close to what I have on ubuntu:
> http://blogs.gnome.org/mortenw/wp-content/blogs.dir/26/files/2009/02/
file-dialog2.png

Yuck.

> I have no Qt or KDE on both my linux installs (ubuntu 9 and a cross
> linux from scratch), the GUI looks smooth and works great, using the
> latest gnome 2.6 libraries.
>
> Why don't you install GTK+? You can't whine about applications built for
> gnome looking ugly if you don't have gtk installed, it can live pretty
> well alongside Qt, I used to do that until i switched to gnome after 2.6
> was released.

I have little desire to embrace inferior technologies. Attempting OOP on
C is ridiculous, it should be called POOP. It is a personal choice.
Besides FLTK2/Qt work pays well enough. I also have no time for desktop
environment wars, tyvm. GTK+ != Gnome, as you well might know. I simply
have no reason to install libgtk* since no package depends on them.