dmd support for IDEs

BCS none at anon.com
Mon Oct 12 11:59:22 PDT 2009

Hello Walter,

> Think of what it provides as very similar to what ddoc does, except
> that instead of being in a human-readable format it would be a
> machine-readable one.

If that's what you are planning, I can tell you right now it's not enough.
Much of the things IDEs need is not present in ddoc. Just off hand, I'd say
more than 50% of the IDE features I use from C#/VS would need (much) more
than ddoc has. What would be better is a dump of a fully annotated AST from
just before it's passed off for optimization and code gen.