dmd support for IDEs

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Oct 12 12:22:24 PDT 2009

Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
> Denis Koroskin wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:18:41 +0400, Jeremie Pelletier
>> <jeremiep at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Isn't that just a pretty layer on top of win32/com? I now only use
>>> native toolkits as backends for my gui abstraction layer, using this
>>> would only add a level of indirection and make no sense.
>>
>> No, IIRC, it doesn't rely on Win32 API at all:
>>
>> Wikipedia quote:
>>> Designed to remove dependencies on the aging GDI subsystem, WPF is
>>> built on DirectX, which provides hardware acceleration and enables
>>> modern UI features like transparency, gradients and transforms.
>
> Oh, I need to look into that!

Yeah, we made a game in WPF in the company I work for, using bindings
(*the* feature of WPF): it was sluggish. From the start I recommended
doing it in a lower-level language (I recommended D!) but no one
listened to me. It runs pretty slow with an amazing computer. I don't
like WPF (nor Siliveright). :-P