Revamped concurrency API

Nick B nickB at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:04:08 PDT 2009

bearophile wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>
>> Unfortunately, Bartosz has declined to contribute.<
>
> I have read a good amount of his interesting blog posts, he has shown me many things I didn't know about. And he was very happy about the idea of helping D concurrency. Do you know why he has changed his mind regarding this? Maybe because Walter has refused the uniqueness/lend ideas?

I believe that Bearophile is likely to be on target here. Bartosz has
spent a lot of time and effort educating the D community on the subject
of data races etc, and many thanks for him for doing this.  And now he
'declined to contribute' ? Too busy at work, perhaps ?

More likely, a difference in opinion, as to the direction this should
proceed, without any discussion on various/conflicting proposals with
the community.

Is this the way serious architecture decisions should be made ?

Would  Walter/Bartosz/Andrei like to comment further ....

Nick B