OT: GUI Libraries

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:50:20 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 04:35:58PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> That stuff is just plain garbage. It inevitably breaks when JS is disabled
> (and there are damn good reasons for doing so), and trying to put web apps
> on the desktop is just plain ass-backwards: web-apps are shit period, people
> should be trying to make desktop apps run on the web instead.

Amen.

One of my personal projects is meant to be a "D Windowing System" with the
hopes of making this happen - when it is usable, I'll post a link to the
newsgroup.

The idea is to take good ideas from Remote Desktop on Windows and X11 on
*nix and combine the best, while cutting out the bad. Then, when you encounter
one of these apps on the web, you just run it locally, like remote X, instead
of in the browser.

Work is going slowly since I'm busy with my paying work the vast majority of
the time, but this is going to be cool.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net