dmd support for IDEs

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:17:35 PDT 2009

language_fan wrote:

> Look, this is what I get on Win32:
>
> http://johnbokma.com/textpad/select-a-file-dialog.png
>
> on Linux:
>
> http://www.matusiak.eu/numerodix/blog/wp-content/uploads/20050710-
> kdefilechooser.png
>
> on Java:
>
> http://www.dil.univ-mrs.fr/~garreta/docJava/tutorial/figures/uiswing/
> components/FileChooserOpenMetal.png
>
> You can probably see something that I have started to call 'consistency'.
> Almost the same buttons and layouts on every platform. I immediately know
> how it works. The same design has been there since Windows 95, if I
> recall correctly. This is what many people have learned to live with.
>
> Now every time I see a gtk+/swt/dwt application I wonder where the heck
> that unintuitive terrible piece of cr*p came:
>
> http://book.javanb.com/swt-the-standard-widget-toolkit/images/0321256638/
> graphics/14fig03.gif
>
> Native? It might very well use native binaries on my platform, but the
> native feel ends there.

Um.  It's even worse for me.  Yours may not look native, but at least it
doesn't look like the sh*t gtk gives me:

http://post-boredom.net/filedialog/lolwut.png

By comparison, my native look and feel (kde4):

http://post-boredom.net/filedialog/muchbetter.png

Qt gets this right.