dmd support for IDEs

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Oct 12 22:07:34 PDT 2009

Yigal Chripun wrote:
> regarding working on a remote machine:
> you can mount a remote file system through ssh and work localy on that
> remoted filesystem.

I do that sometimes, but it's a problem when trying to run the
compiler/debugger, as they need to run on the remote machine, not just
locally <g>.

Also, mounting a remote filesystem fails on Windows. I know, that really
sux. At least putty works.

(10 years ago, I wired up every room in the house with two RG6 cables
and two Cat5 cables while it was under construction. Did it myself
because the electrical contractor had no idea how to handle high
frequency wires, I had to rip all his stuff out and do it over. I had no
use for it at the time. I'm sure glad now it was done, everything I have
seems to want to plug in to it! Anyhow, I have several machines with
different OSs on them on the lan, and ssh to run them from a central
location.)