dmd support for IDEs

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 23:45:26 PDT 2009

On 13/10/2009 07:07, Walter Bright wrote:
> Yigal Chripun wrote:
>> regarding working on a remote machine:
>> you can mount a remote file system through ssh and work localy on that
>> remoted filesystem.
>
> I do that sometimes, but it's a problem when trying to run the
> compiler/debugger, as they need to run on the remote machine, not just
> locally <g>.

Eclipse has integration for that. it can execute remote commands and has
remote debugging - the local eclipse debugger UI speaks with a remote
gdb session. and if you really prefer command-line, you can always use
the terminal view.

> Also, mounting a remote filesystem fails on Windows. I know, that really
> sux. At least putty works.

this requires a 3rd party tool on windows. iirc, WebDrive is free, and
for 30$ you can get sftpDrive.