dmd support for IDEs

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Tue Oct 13 13:33:15 PDT 2009

Mon, 12 Oct 2009 22:07:34 -0700, Walter Bright thusly wrote:

> Yigal Chripun wrote:
>> regarding working on a remote machine: you can mount a remote file
>> system through ssh and work localy on that remoted filesystem.
>
> I do that sometimes, but it's a problem when trying to run the
> compiler/debugger, as they need to run on the remote machine, not just
> locally <g>.
>
> Also, mounting a remote filesystem fails on Windows. I know, that really
> sux. At least putty works.
>
> (10 years ago, I wired up every room in the house with two RG6 cables
> and two Cat5 cables while it was under construction. Did it myself
> because the electrical contractor had no idea how to handle high
> frequency wires, I had to rip all his stuff out and do it over. I had no
> use for it at the time. I'm sure glad now it was done, everything I have
> seems to want to plug in to it! Anyhow, I have several machines with
> different OSs on them on the lan, and ssh to run them from a central
> location.)

Lucky you. Couple of friends of mine chose the 'data cabling' option from
the electrical contractor for their new homes (maybe 2-3 years ago) when
they were under construction. The rails on the wall were equipped with
RJ11 connectors! Totally useless for LAN, but ok for phone cables and
thus xDSL. Another note -- I would use virtualization these days when
several OSs are needed.