dmd support for IDEs + network GUI

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Tue Oct 13 13:46:26 PDT 2009

Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:09:11 -0400, Nick Sabalausky thusly wrote:
> A different branch of the this topic started taking about (or rather,
> bashing on) web-apps-being-used-as-desktop-apps, and I mentioned I felt
> that was ass-backwards and that the focus should be the other way
> around: making desktop apps work on the web.

[snip]

> And do so *without* building it on
> top such warped, crumbling, mis-engineered foundations as (X)HTML, Ajax,
> etc.?

You have probably lived under a rock these days. This is the way the
world is moving. If something can be made Web 2.0 compatible, it is also
what will happen. A new platform might come up in 201x or 202x, but
nowadays the best we have got is Web 2.0. Ever used twitter, facebook,
google wave (or any google's services) etc. ? Large part of the online
enterprises have already jumped on the wagon, not only early adopters.
Modern browsers such as opera 10, firefox 3.5, safari, and chrome already
support the latest standards.